Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Canton Bay, Sunway Pyramid

We were craving a little Hong Kong for dinner, and the best place I could think of (nearby, that is) was Canton Bay Restaurant in Sunway Pyramid. Not to be confused with Canton-I ya..

I love the food here because everytime I'm there, I never get disappointed. :D
Although a little bit pricey, they provide excellent service and very delicious Hong Kong style food!



I decided on the ChaSiu Rice Set, which comes with a little bowl of soup. (RM10.90)
This dish, although looking quite yummy, doesn't really make me salivate and go gaga over. One thing because it was a little bit dry and the sauce didn't really complement the meat. However, the rice was quite tasty, I think it was cooked with ginger oil.

5/10 munchies for this dish. I should have gone with my instinct and ordered the Roast Chicken and Duck with rice. :(



Peanut Boy ordered their famous La Mien with Roast Duck (RM10.80).
MmMmm..very very good...
I love the crispiness of the skin and the noodles were the right kind of springy.
Somemore, the meat was juicy and tender. SO good! I kept stealing little pieces of duck meat from his plate, and replacing them with my chasiu! >:P

We give this 9/10 munchies!



We also ordered the Suei Kau Dumplings in Soup (RM8.50)
The soup was a little bit bland, not much taste, but the dumplings had a good texture and was very filled with meat. Peanut Boy enjoyed this more than I did because dumplings aren't really my thing. So perhaps, I don't know how to properly appreciate them? :P

I give this 6/10 munchies whereas he gives this 8/10 peanut shells! :D



Now THIS!!!



My favourite dish of the night!!! SO SO SO GOOOODDDD!!!!!
I love fried mantau because they always give me the comfort food feeling, but never before have i eaten it with condensed milk. And oh gosh, are they amazing!! I couldn't stop eating them, never felt 'jelak' at all. And the mantaus they gave were very generous portions. Two giant pieces for only RM3.50!

I'm feeling all hot now, thinking about them. Two rolls of heaven!

10/10 munchies and I would give it an 11 if I could! :D





Don't they look deliciously sinful?
Oh, I think I've just tipped the scales. :O

You can find Canton Bay on the Lower Ground Floor, over-looking the ice skating rink and next to Tony Roma's! :D

No comments: